Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our New Life Together

Daniel and I decided we would like to start a blog. We will try to keep you “a little” up to date on our lives. The reason for our blog name (A Cord of Three Stands) comes from a verse in Ecclesiastes which was used at our wedding. "And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12 We want to always be reminded that it is through dependence on God alone that our marriage can stand the test of time.
Married life is wonderful! We enjoyed our first week and a half of marriage in New England. We flew in to Portland, Maine on Sunday evening and than on Monday we drove to Lisbon, New Hampshire, where we had a cabin for seven nights. The Lord blessed us with snow while we were there. They had not had any snow since January, but on Monday had a big snow fall. We felt the Lord provided it just for us. Everything was gorgeous driving up through the White Mountains with all the snow on the trees. We loved our little cabin! It had a kitchenette and fireplace, there was also small brook (half of which was frozen) that ran behind the cabin.

On Monday the 8th we drove to Vermont where we stayed at The Thatcher Brook Inn, a Bed and Breakfast for a couple of nights. The owners Bob and Carla were both so sweet. I would definitely recommend them if anyone is looking for some where to stay in Waterberry, VTDuring our time in New England we visited eight states, drove into Canada for a day, went to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and on a sleigh ride among other things. We came back on the 10th and enjoyed a few days here before Daniel went back to work the following Monday. We even went camping. This was a first for me and I found I really enjoyed it.


Well, that was a short recap of our first two weeks. Last week was not as fun as I spent most of it in bed with the flu. I am feeling better now, although I still have a cough. Now, I am just trying to figure out where I need to start organizing the house.

One more thing and I will close our first post out. Last Sunday the 21st, we had a shocker…………………….

A little Falkenstine will be joining us before the end of the year. Yes, you read it right, we are expecting. It wasn’t what we had planned, but Our Lord knows best. We are excited, but still in shock. I am feeling well, just a little dizzy at times. Please pray that all goes well and “Little Speedy” :) arrives safe and healthy.

16 comments:

  1. What a fun blog ... what CRAZY, exciting news! Oh my stars! God bless.
    Love,
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! So happy for you! Congratulations! God always has the best plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! That was fast Lauryn! lol. So glad you will be joining the blog world AND the parent world! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your blog! Really love being your Mom! Really love being a grandma-in-waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, and congratulations on the new blog, and the little one!! Sending our love, Mike and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely amazing! I am thrilled to follow your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I hope you have an "easy" pregnancy and that morning sickness will NOT affect you! I can only imagine how excited your mom must be ;o) lol

    Love the blog and LOVE LOVE the name!!

    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet friend- my eyes opened wide with the last news... it's still early morning for us here! i'm awake now! i'm thrilled for you both- isn't it amazing how God's timing works? i was pregnant very soon after Russ and I got married, not our "plan", but God's plans are always better than our own. the pregnancy and baby will bring you and Daniel closer to each other and to the Lord. parenting is indeed a humbling privledge. love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEA!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! I look forward to following along!

    Woo-hoo! ... What great, exciting news!!! I am thrilled for you guys, and I know you will make a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauryn what a lovely way to share your photos with those you love. How very exciting to hear your wonderful news from you Mom this morning. She is floating on cloud nine I don't think her feet have touched the ground yet since she found out. So very happy for you both . love you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way, I meant to tell you that having a blog while you are pregnant is great! You will be very happy you have it and it will be fun to go back and read your pregnancy posts after you've had your baby. I love looking back at those days...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! We are happy for yall and know you will be a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary (four weeks/one month) today! Love you both (all three) SO MUCH! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Lauryn! Congratulations!! I am so happy to hear about your wonderful honeymoon and your newly expected little one! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS Lauryn!!! I am so happy for yall and can't wait to follow yall especially in the next 9 months as the Lord grows that child in you and blesses you and Daniel as a married couple and soon-to-be parents!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've tried several times to leave a comment here and for some reason it's not letting me. I'll try again. Love your blog and am happy about the baby! I'm thrilled for your mother too. Will be looking forward on following your here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete