Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby girl's name

In June of this year, we discovered that we were expecting our second child. Shortly after, it seemed apparent that a miscarriage was inevitable, and were told by our medical service provider that there was nothing that could be done. “Nothing” however, did not include prayer, and it was the Lord who answered these prayers and has allowed us to continue carrying our “little girly” to date almost four months later. To this end, the name, Jenae meaning, “God has answered,” was selected to memorialize this and honor the One who answers prayers.
Jenae is also Lauryn’s middle name. This stimulated the idea of providing a unique combination of her parent’s names for our daughter, which seems to be an uncommon tradition. We have therefore chosen to give her the name:
Jenae Danielle Falkenstine
Having sustained this small fragile life through such turmoil to date, we firmly believe that the Lord, by answering these prayers has a special purpose for the life of this little lady. Jeremiah 29:11-13 was chosen as the verse to go with her name, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.”
Daniel, Lauryn and big brother Shelden

4 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful name! Thanks for telling; now I can "picture" her! Love you all, Mom A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congratulations! Such a pretty name to match what I'm sure will be a pretty girl. So happy for you three!

    ReplyDelete